Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crafty Girl

Faith absolutely loves expressing her artistic side; she loves playing with markers and paint and glue and scissors (heaven forbid). I love saving her art and hanging it on the refrigerator, but it tends to get a little crowded and I really do feel guilty when I throw the old and out-dated stuff away (is that normal?) So I've decided when we do arts/crafts time, I will take pictures and blog about it - that way, when it's time to throw her beautiful masterpieces away maybe I won't feel so bad.
Besides, I am sure she would love to show it off to everyone anyway. :o)
Today, she made a foam necklace and bracelet and actually did a lot better than I thought she would. She had to thread the string through tiny holes and I thought that would be hard for her, but it wasn't at all (I hate when people don't give kids enough credit). ;o) Of course she couldn't wait to help me cut the string - that strange fascination with scissors she has. It was a little kit we bought at Michael's ( I love that stupid store!) last year, I've just been waiting until she was older to use it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello all,

Faith has it all ready the
creative "gene" just like her
mother. She is going to be
a very talented & creative genius!!love ya
maggie

Grandpa Dave & GaGa Minnie said...

What a great family and how cute. Thanks so much for the blog, we truly enjoyed it. I would suggest more pictures of Dustin and less of Faith. Ha, Ha, Ha. The only thing missing is a cute puppy or another baby. We love you this much________________________________________________________________
Grandpa Dave and GaGa Minnie